DISCOVER SOME FALL BEAUTY TIPS AND BE AHEAD OF THE GAME!
I have been reiterating on all of my social media platforms about the importance of prepping your “summer” skin for the fall. This summer has been creeping to an end and that means there’s damage done to your skin from the sun, salt water, sand, chlorine, etc. All which are causes of elasticity loss, dry skin, acne, and more. So, how can you prep your skin and give it some rejuvenation? Simple, here are some beauty tips as we head into the next season!
- Protect thy skin! Wear SPF in the winter too!!! I say it all the time and I will continue to do so! A primer with SPF 30 or higher will always do you good!!
- Exfoliate! Part of prepping the skin for the autumn is to buff away the dead and damaged skin cells! (SEE OUR FACE SCRUB WITH JOJOBA BEADS!)
- Moisturize! Some of the biggest concerns during the colder months is DRY SKIN! Moisturizers containing oils such as; olive, jojoba, and argan are KEY players! For those that suffer from oily skin, I recommend sticking to water based products. Using oil based products will only make the oil on your face excessive. (SEE OUR HYDRATING MOISTURIZER!)
- Use face masks! I’m not referring to the masks that reduce the spread of Covid. I am talking about actual masks for the skin. Our Detoxifying Charcoal Mask is a winner for these months and for drawing out the toxins from the face overall. It does not dry out your skin when removing the damage. In face because of its ingredients, your skin remains moisturized.
- Take care of your lips!!! I have been advising people for months now, to get into the habit of using lip scrubs. Licking your lips dries them out and does more damage than good. You can try our Coconut Lip Scrub, which contains oils and vitamins to maintain healthy lips while also removing the dead skin. Always carry lip balms, chapsticks, hydrating lip products, etc. Do not get stuck with having to resort to licking your lips and drying them out. You will regret it once they chap and bleed. Prep for the cold months ahead.
- Stick to a balanced diet! Skincare cannot be successful if you do not maintain a healthy diet. Remember, what we put into our bodies ends up showing on the outside. Eating fried foods, oily and greasy foods, consuming lots of alcohol and sugars, will turn your skin against you! Whole Foods rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins are the only ways to healthy skin!
- Drink H2O!! Dry skin is your enemy! Avoiding caffeine (Trust me, I know it’s hard) and alcohol will help with your skin remaining hydrated.
- Use products that contain salicylic acid! Attack acne before it starts. Salicylic acid is major when it comes to keeping the skin, free of acne! Try our Cucumber Gel Cleanser which not only contains salicylic acid, but also vitamins, willow bark, and won’t dry out your skin!
Learn these tips and apply them, take care of your skin and your health! Begin your journey into self care and self preservation!! All the while allowing us to assist you with it! Self-care is important and we want you to look, feel, and operate at your very best! Be sure to follow us for regimens, more tips, exclusive products, and so much more!
FYI: You should be sure to schedule monthly facials with your esthetician at a local spa! Facials are crucial to maintaining healthy, glowing, radiant skin as they can unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, and prevent aging at a rapid pace!
If you’re in Long Island, feel free to book a session at Pathways To Beauty: http://Pathways to beauty.com